How to send email in PhoneGap (Android) using a gmail account

You may also like...

22 Responses

1. How do you create a simple html form for the email to send with this tutorial? I am kinda a noob to javascript still lol.

2. amit says:

how to add “To field” dynamically in “window.EmailComposer.prototype.send(“My message body”);” like if i want “window.EmailComposer.prototype.send(“To”, “My message body”);”

3. tomjm says:

I could not find the Additional.jar file but i managed the rest of your instructions and tested it. I keep getting the alert: feedback was not sent. This means that startActivity() is failing. Does any1 know why this could be?

4. Abdulqadir says:

Can you please modify this plugin for Cordova-2.2.js latest phonegap version?

5. razor8 says:

How do you send the e-mail as html?

6. seedorf says:

I need someone to walk me through the process step by step because i am getting errors like “Create CommandMap’ in package ‘java.activation’

7. jyothi says:

Hi, I am using cordova2.1.0 and have done every thing you have told . I get “Result of expression’window.EmailComposer'[Undefined] is not an object” … not able to figure out

8. This was very very helpful ! I liked the way you explain everything.
    For those who are using this, if you are using the latest version of phonegap – cordova 2.7.0 right now, please make sure you change the EmailComposer.java file to the latest execute method.
    Here is my java file (just in case you cannot figure out) –

package com.example.phonegap;

import org.apache.cordova.api.CallbackContext;
    import org.apache.cordova.api.CordovaPlugin;
    import org.json.JSONArray;
    import org.json.JSONException;

import android.annotation.SuppressLint;

public class EmailComposer extends CordovaPlugin {
    public final String ACTION_SEND_EMAIL = “sendEmail”;
    // CHECK THIS : http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14972534/plugin-class-is-deprecated-in-phonegap
    @Override
    public boolean execute(String action, JSONArray arg1, CallbackContext callbackContext) {
    //PluginResult result = new PluginResult(Status.INVALID_ACTION);
    // TODO Auto-generated catch block
    e.printStackTrace();
    }
    }
    return false;
    }

private void sendEmailViaGmail(String body) throws Exception{
    Mail m = new Mail(“test@gmail.com”, “password”);
    String[] toArr = {“test@gmail.com”};
    m.set_to(toArr);
    m.set_from(“test@gmail.com”);
    m.set_body(body);
    m.set_subject(“Order”);
    boolean sendFlag = m.send();

}

}

• Karthikeyan Subramani says:

Is this code working for you.. i am getting following error “The Jar of this class file belongs to container ‘android dependencies’ which does not allow modification to the source attachments in its entries”.

• Yes it is working for me. Please update to latest cordova version. See Nikhil’s code in the comment which shows you how to make changes for latest cordova version.

• Thank you for posting the updated the code. The version of cordova that I used is quite outdated now and your code should help others who are using the latest version.

9. Sahil says:

I found a way on how to make this send HTML emails. Anyone looking for a solution of the same problem please follow the guide below:

You can make this send HTML content by replacing this bit of the ‘send()’ method in Mail.java file:

// setup message body
    BodyPart messageBodyPart = new MimeBodyPart();
    messageBodyPart.setText(_body);
    _multipart.addBodyPart(messageBodyPart);

with

// setup message body
    BodyPart messageBodyPart = new MimeBodyPart();
    messageBodyPart.setContent(_body, “text/html”);
    _multipart.addBodyPart(messageBodyPart);

10. Animesh Pradhan says:

How do i set TO , FROM , SUBJECT and BODY from User Input as because I have already set it in the EmailComposer.java .

11. Alan Hoffmann-Hansen says:

I keep getting error :Could not find class ‘test.jjj.com.Mail’, referenced from method email.test.com.EmailComposer.sendEmailViaGmail and Uncaught Error: Error calling method on NPObject. at file:///android_asset/www/cordova??